Venice's main ship basin
The cruise terminals at Marittima, not far from the Piazzale Roma, handle most of Venice's passenger ships.
Marittima accommodates megaships from MSC, Costa, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and other large cruise lines.
Smaller vessels also use the basin from time to time. (We sailed from Marittima on a 20-passenger hotel barge, La Bella Vita.)
How to reach Marittima from Piazzale Roma:
- Board the People Mover elevated tram at the southwest corner of Piazzale Roma.
- Get off one minute later at the Marittima stop.
- Follow the signs to your ship's berth. (Port staff will be on hand to direct you.)
- Hire a land taxi for a quick ride to your ship.
- Some cruise lines provide free shuttle buses from or to the Piazzale Roma during embarkation or disembarkation hours.
How to reach Marittima by airport boat:
- The Alilaguna Linea
Blu (Blue Line) water bus runs from Venice Marco Polo Airport to the
Marittima cruise basin, with about a dozen stops along the way.
Note: If you take the boat to Marittima from within the city center, you'll pay half the normal fare.
Prepaid private transfers:
Viator, our tour partner, offers:
- Private departure transfers by water taxi (from central Venice)
- Private arrival transfer by water taxi (to central Venice)
In-depth information at Venice for Visitors:
- Transportation to the cruise port (departing passengers)
- Transportation from the cruise port (arriving passengers)
- Venice port map (high-bandwidth satellite image)