Piazzale Roma - Marittima - Tronchetto
Venice's People Mover is a automated tramway that runs on elevated tracks between Piazzale Roma (on the edge of Venice's historic center), the Marittima cruise basin, and the Tronchetto parking garage.
The escalator- and elevator-equipped system is quick, cheap, and convenient--even for travelers with wheelchairs, strollers, or heavy luggage.
- Piazzale Roma: On the left side of the multistory city parking garage at the west end of the square.
- Marittima: Outside the port entrance, within walking distance of the piers.
- Tronchetto: Facing the water, by the entrance road to the garage.
Hours of operation:
- Monday to Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (April-October), 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (November-March).
Fare and tickets:
- The fare is €1,50.
- Buy tickets from multilingual machines in the stations, or use ACTV land-bus tickets (available from Hellovenezia offices and ticket machines, tobacconists, and many newsstands).